Monday, September 28, 2020
You'll never guess where we went!
So this week went by really fast! And I can't remember most of it! RIP! But this week we had zone conference and you guys will never guess where! We had it at the Astros stadium. It was so cool we got to go by the dugouts and take photos- it was way cool. Zone conference was all about how we can get more member lessons and how we need to link the enthusiasm of missionaries to members to keep people active and keep pressing forward. Oh- ok I just remembered the story I want to tell. Ok- I was just about to walk out the door for zone conference and I get a call from my zone leaders and Elder Brinkman was like I heard you could sing and in my head I was saying, "snitches get stitches." So he asked me to sing in zone conference with him as a duet and I got to pick the song. So I was like this is my opportunity to prank him so bad he will never recover. So I casually texted him hymn 37 and we said that we are going to sing parts. Should be easy I said, because it's only 2 pages and that it has the most confusing lyrics and beat. So we got to the stadium where I met up with him, but he hadn't read the text. So i told him to guess which hymn and he's like oh, ok -"Praise to the Man"? And I was like nope, guess again. Wrong again- it's "Upon the Wintry Day". So then his brain shuts off and I am low key and he is now having a panic attack. Then he decides to consult another singer and someone who could play the piano to try to help him decode what the crap this song is. Then I told him we are going to sing "Nearer My God to Thee". And then he calmed down. I can't say it wasn't hilarious! Love you all and yes, it went well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just a solid week!
So this last week was a pretty good! I have come to terms that President Guthrie will just be a permanent resident of this district becaus...
-
So this last week was a pretty good! I have come to terms that President Guthrie will just be a permanent resident of this district becaus...
-
Hey y'all hope you have had a great New years! The 2020 nightmare is over and we can just keep our fingers crossed that isn't wasn...
-
Hey everybody, its Elder Holmgren again how are y'all doing? This last week was a pretty good one am I right? I got to get totally and...



No comments:
Post a Comment